Ok, I know this is my third post for the weekend, but I’ve felt really creative and found a few challenges that I was inspired to play along with.
This time I’m playing with challenges over at Inkspirational Challenges and Just Us Girls.
Here are my card ingredients:
- Concord & 9th – Hello Lovely stamp set
- Stampin Up – Alphabet dies
- Inks – Catherine Pooler Designs – Tiara, Tiki Torch, Bellini, Garden Party, Lime Rickey & Grass Skirt.
I stamped the main floral image and roughly coloured with CP inks, then I die cut out the word hello and popped them up with dimensionals and layered on cardstock I coloured with the inks to match.
Thanks for looking and enjoy your day.
I had some time on Saturday before watching the AFL Grand Final to make a couple of cards using a new to me stamp set from Stampin Up called ‘Coffee Cafe’.
It’s a really cute set with matching dies so I can save on the fussy cutting which is not my forte.
Here’s what I used to make these cards all from Stampin Up:
- Coffee Cafe stamps
- Coffee Cafe dies
- Coffee Break DSP
- Card stock – Early Espresso & Always Artichoke
- Inks – Early Espresso, Always Artichoke & Real Red
- Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing folder
- Copper embossing powder
- Misc twine & ribbon
I think I need to go and make myself a coffee now!
Thanks for looking and have a great day.
Today I’m playing along with two challenges with one card and a new stamp kit.
I used the layered sketch from Try Stamping on Tuesday Challenge #341 and was inspired by the colours, patterned layers and childish theme over at The Card Concept Challenge #78.
The papers and sentiment were from the September Simon Says Stamp kit – Best Ever. I stamped the sentiment 7 times using my MISTI to keep everything aligned and added a few shape sprinkles for an extra pop.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.
Each month I hold a card making class for a few of my friends. It’s a good opportunity for us to catch up for a chat with the added bonus of making cards.
This month I was challenged to use 1 main stamp set as my focal image for the 3 cards they’ll make. That was a toughie so I went to Pinterest for inspiration. The main image on all 3 cards is from My Favorite Things called Color Drops and has raindrops in 6 different sizes and circles in 5 different sizes. It’s a fabulous stamp set which I will be using much much more often!
Card 1:Card 2:Card 3:
Here are the ingredients for each card:
Card 1 –
- PTI Birthday Bash Sentiment stamp set
- MFT Die (cutout over the sentiment and popped up)
- Stampin Up Inks – old olive, tempting turquoise, rich razzleberry, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight & basic black
Card 2 –
- PTI Stylish Sentiments birthday
- Stampin Up Inks – old olive, tempting turquoise, melon mambo, rich razzleberry, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight & basic black
Card 3 –
- Stampin Up Layered letters alphabet & Fabulous four stamp sets
- Stampin Up Inks – wild wasabi, pear pizzazz & basic black
Thanks for looking and have a great day.
I love the challenges over at CAS-ual Fridays and who can pass up an opportunity to make a shaker card?
My ingredients for this card:
- CAS-ual Fridays sentiment from the Frankly’isms set
- Pretty Pink Posh die and sequins
- Simon Says Stamp pig image from the Birthday Farm Animals set
This card came together really quickly as I have a whole container of already water coloured and fussy cut out critters that when the inspiration hit I’d be ready to roll!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day.
Another day another challenge! Well not quote another day but you get what I mean – LOL
Today I created a card for the Addicted to CAS challenge #120 Florals. I am a CAS girl at heart and love a good floral card so this challenge was perfect for me.
I used a stamp set called Mondo Magnolia by Ellen Hutson (borrowed from my friend Michelle) and coloured it with my Chameleon markers (V04 and PR4) which were a birthday gift from said friend. The sentiment is from Altenew called Label Love and my finishing touch is some purple twine from the Twinery.
Thank you for visiting and have a great day!
I loved the current challenge over at The Flower Challenge which is a tic-tac-toe challenge. I love challenges that help me with the direction of my card, especially helpful when I might be lacking some mojo – LOL.
I chose the diagonal of embossing, watercolor and colour (blue) for my card.
I clear embossed the Dahlia Close up stamp from the Ton, then water coloured it with my Prima Confections Classics, which are the neatest little tins of water colour tints. I cut the image on an angle, layered it on some gold cardstock, then stamped the sentiment from Clearly Besotted called ‘Message Me’.
What do you think? I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.
Thanks for looking.